We, at Parkway Dental Care, specialize in orthodontics, which is why many patients often ask us which orthodontic treatment is the best. We usually answer, “It depends on your needs, goals, and severity of misalignment”. It also depends on your budget and level of discipline since there are orthodontic treatments that require patient involvement, greatly reducing visits to the dentist. As part of our advocacy to educate patients, this article talks about Clear Correct, one of your orthodontic treatment options that can correct crooked, misaligned, or oddly spaced teeth. Here are the pros and cons to choosing the Clear Correct orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Using Clear Correct
• Completely Transparent – Clear Correct involves the use of clear, plastic aligners; hence, they are virtually unnoticeable when worn. This makes Clear Correct a perfect alternative for image-conscious teenagers and adults who want to keep their professional image. Come to think of it, who wants to wear unsightly metal wires and brackets even if it means achieving straight teeth? Being transparent, therefore, makes Clear Correct your clear choice in orthodontics.
• Smooth and Comfy – Clear Correct is made of plastic with smooth, rounded edges that won’t irritate the lips and gums. This greatly minimizes that uncomfortable feeling patients often get with traditional metal braces.
• Removable – Clear Correct allows you to enjoy your favorite meals because the aligner can be easily removed. You can also brush and floss your teeth thoroughly, making it easy to maintain good oral hygiene while under orthodontic treatment.
• Less Office Visits – Since Clear Correct involves the use of a set of plastic, removable aligners, there’s no need to visit your dentist regularly. This offers you more time to do other things- weekly dental visits are a must as in the case of traditional orthodontics. Fewer office visits increase convenience, which is very essential to daily living.
Things to Consider When Choosing Clear Correct
• Responsibility and Discipline – You will be given a set of aligners with instructions for wearing each aligner. This involves a level of discipline since the aligners are designed to be worn one after the other. Clear Correct follows tried and tested orthodontic standards, but the success of your treatment also depends on your compliance to the treatment plan. Patients are instructed to wear their Clear Correct aligner at all times except during meals and while brushing or flossing the teeth. Not wearing an aligner or forgetting to wear an aligner for a long time can affect the entire course of treatment.
• Taking care of the aligners – Although Clear Correct can replace a damaged aligner, it is still important to care for your aligner and keep it clean every day. You are advised to wash and gently brush your aligner after brushing the teeth. You are also advised to keep an aligner case with you at all times, so your aligner is kept safe when you’re eating in a public place. Your dentist will give you instructions on how to care for your Clear Correct aligners properly.
Clear Correct – Is This Orthodontic Treatment for Me?
The best way to find out is to visit Parkway Dental Care and discuss your needs and goals with Drs. Philip and Chachy Philip. Clear Correct does provide convenience, aesthetics, ease, and comfort while in treatment. However, it also involves patient responsibility. Clear Correct is an effective treatment that can enhance your smile. Call Parkway Dental Care at (407) 932-2273, for more information on Clear Correct!
Image Courtesy Pinterest