Most kids and the young at heart are getting ready for this year’s Halloween festivities. It’s that time of the year when everybody indulges in chocolates, candies, and lots of sweet treats. Before allowing yourself to enjoy the various tricks and treats in store for you this season, remember to take preventive care for your teeth. At Parkway Dental Care, we want you to have fun yet at the same time maintain healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime of happy smiles. Here are the various preventive care treats we offer, so your teeth are well protected for this year’s Halloween celebration.
• Oral Prophylaxis – This involves deep cleaning of your teeth and gums, so plaque buildup is prevented. While the hygienist cleans your teeth, each tooth is being checked for signs of decay. Oral prophylaxis, done twice yearly hampers plaque buildup and bacterial growth in your mouth. This can be a post-Halloween treatment that you can take advantage of at Parkway Dental Care.
• Sealants – These are plastic coatings that the dentist applies on your molars, protecting them from bacterial invasion. The molars are your set of teeth with grooves, which can be very difficult to clean, even with daily brushing and flossing. Sealants create a smooth molar surface, making it easy to brush this set of teeth. Since your molars are sealed and protected, your teeth are also prevented from bacteria-causing cavities. Sealants are excellent preventive care treatments for both adults and children. Take advantage of protective dental sealants before you indulge in sweets this Halloween season.
• Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride makes your teeth strong and healthy. It is like an essential vitamin that your teeth need to fight off plaque and bacteria. When taken regularly, your teeth won’t easily chip or break. Your teeth are able to stand strong with the right dosage of fluoride. You can combine this treatment with sealants for a pre-Halloween treat.
• Comprehensive Oral Exam – The dentist examines each tooth, carefully checking for signs of damage and decay. Serious dental problems can be avoided with regular comprehensive oral exams. This treatment prepares your teeth for whatever form of indulgence, be it sweets, chocolates, and yummy desserts.
Preventive Care Habits for a Lifetime of Healthy Smiles
• Brush and floss your teeth after every meal.
• Brush and floss your teeth properly. Divide your teeth into 4 quadrants and brush each quadrant for 30 seconds. Use straight, circular brushing strokes, to ensure that your teeth are rid of sticky plaque.
• Visit your trusted dentist regularly.
• Take advantage of dental treatments that strengthen and protect the teeth.
Parkway Dental Care Promotes Dental Preventive Care
Our goal is to provide patients in and around Kissimmee, FL with exceptional dental services for a lifetime of healthy, beautiful smiles. We encourage you to come and visit us regularly, and take advantage of preventive care treatments to give your teeth a boost of strength. A beautiful smile often follows with healthy teeth. Call us today at (407) 932-2273 and let us be your partners to achieving healthy and beautiful teeth!