There are different ways to treat gum disease, but the most effective and advanced solution is laser gum treatment. This modern technique uses LANAP (Laser-Assisted New Attachment Protocol) in addressing various types of gum problems. The treatment is known to effectively eliminate bacteria from the gums while greatly reducing gum recession, bleeding, and tooth sensitivity. With LANAP, gum treatment becomes more comfortable and convenient for the patient, as the gums are able to heal much faster than with traditional periodontal surgery. Here are the distinct benefits of laser gum treatment:
- Minimal Invasion – Laser gum treatment does not involve cutting and stitching of the gums; hence, there will be lesser bleeding and swelling. The treatment can even be performed without any anesthesia. As a result, recovery time is much faster than when traditional periodontal therapy is done. While it can take up to a week for your gums to heal with the traditional method, 24 hours is all it takes for gum healing with laser gum treatment.
- High Level of Infection Control – The use of lasers effectively kills bacteria; thus sterilizing the area to be treated. Bacteria are controlled, so you will need fewer drugs or antibiotics after the treatment.
- Fewer Office Visits – While traditional gum treatment involves 4 to 8 visits to complete the procedure, laser gum treatment will only take 1 to 2 dentist’s appointments.
- Very Effective Treatment – Laser gum treatment uses an optical fiber to effectively and safely move along the gum pockets. This treatment decontaminates the area and specifically targets infected gums. It doesn’t pose a threat to surrounding healthy tissues, and it aids in the development of new gum attachment and closing the gum pockets. LANAP is FDA approved, so you can be sure that the process is safe and very effective.
- Prevents the Occurrence of Gum Recession and Tooth Sensitivity – While many patients have complained about the after-effects of gum recession and tooth sensitivity with traditional gum treatment, LANAP will give you no complications after the procedure.
- High Level of Comfort – All of the aforementioned benefits bring you a high level of comfort – something that traditional gum treatment fails to offer. The process is quick, healing time is fast, what more can you ask?
Laser Gum Treatment – Definitely Your Choice of Gum Treatment
We, at Parkway Dental Care, take pride in the fact that we are one of the few dental practices in Kissimmee, FL that offers LANAP. Dr. Philip invested both time and resources to be able to provide you this most advanced method of gum treatment. We use the Periolase MVP-7 Dental Laser, the only laser that can effectively perform laser gum treatment. If gum problems are bothering you, seek dental care immediately. Call us today at (407) 932-2272 or visit us anytime at East Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL. Experience the wonderful benefits of laser gum treatment and effectively restore the health of your gums.