If there’s one thing that’s a constant in this world, it’s probably tooth loss. Despite tons of information on the importance of oral care, millions of people around the world still lose their teeth due to decay, gum disease, or injury. The good news is that there are options to replace missing teeth. At Parkway Dental Care, we offer dental implants as a fantastic replacement for lost teeth. Dental implants look very natural, feel very much like your own teeth, and can last for a lifetime.
Dental Implants and Their Distinct Advantages
Dental implants are tooth replacements that consist of 3 parts: the titanium screw, abutment, and prosthetic tooth. The titanium screw will act as tooth roots as this is surgically implanted into the jawbone. The abutment, on the other hand, is the connecting post attached to the screw. This post will hold the prosthetic tooth securely in place. All three parts make up a great team in providing patients with natural-looking, highly stable tooth replacements. Here are the advantages of having dental implants.
- Aesthetics – Dental implants appear very natural. It may be hard to distinguish an implant from your natural set of teeth. It also completes your smile because a missing tooth is replaced; thus, contributing to facial aesthetics and symmetry.
- Comfort and Stability – Since dental implants are able to osseointegrate with the jawbone, they are highly stable and comfortable in the mouth. They will feel very much like your own teeth. Unlike dentures that have the tendency to move or even slip out accidentally, dental implants remain fully anchored within the jawbone. You can eat your favorite dishes, talk with friends, and laugh out loud without confidence.
- Durability and Longevity – It has already been proven that dental implants can last a lifetime, as long as the patient maintains good oral hygiene. Practice good oral care habits and your dental implants will serve you well for life.
- Self Confidence – Since dental implants replace lost teeth beautifully, your self confidence is enhanced in the process. The replacement of missing teeth offers improved speech and aesthetics; things that can greatly enhance your view about yourself.
- Convenience – Implants are very easy to care and maintain. They don’t need special solutions and techniques to get them cleaned effectively. All you need to do is to brush and floss after meals, and visit your trusted dentist regularly. A bi-annual checkup is enough for the doctor to examine your dentition and detect problem areas. Care for dental implants like how you should care for real teeth.
Visit Parkway Dental Care to See if You Are Eligible for Dental Implants
We need to evaluate your teeth and gums, to determine if dental implants are right for you, or if you will benefit more from a different treatment. Since dental implants involve osseointegration, it is important that you have healthy gums and sufficient bone mass. Dr. Philip will perform tests to determine your eligibility. You will need to provide us with information such as your medical and dental history, and any medication that you are taking. Generally, patients who can take tooth extractions and oral surgeries are eligible for dental implants.
Visit us at Parkway Dental Care today! Call to set your appointment with Dr. Philip at (407) 932-2273.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia