Patients who had dental fillings in the past only had very few choices. They were most likely given traditional amalgam fillings, which have an unnatural, metallic quality. They are already noticeable once placed, and will become even more noticeable with age. This is because amalgam fillings have the tendency to darken in time. Who wants to laugh with dark fillings showing? The focus will be on your teeth instead of your best features.
In addition, amalgam fillings have also become controversial in recent years, because they contain mercury – a type of chemical element that poses a lot of health problems when ingested. Since modern dentistry has accorded us with modern, tooth-colored, white fillings, it would be best to err on the side of caution and choose the safer alternative. White fillings can provide both function and aesthetics –things that silver amalgams lack to a great degree. Let’s know more about white fillings, what they’re made of and their distinct advantages over traditional amalgam fillings.
What Are White Fillings?
Tooth-colored or white fillings are made of liquid composite resin. This resin material is bonded on the tooth, and then hardened with a special light. White fillings perform the same function as other types of fillings with an edge – aesthetics. They are the fitting choice for the front teeth as their color can be made to match the exact shade of your natural teeth.
The Distinct Benefits of White Fillings
If you open your mouth wide when laughing or singing, people will be able to view your molars, and not just the visible teeth. Who wants to go through such embarrassing situations? Let’s identify the benefits that make tooth-colored fillings a preferred option of both dentists and patients worldwide.
- Natural Appeal – Fillings made with the composite resin are made to replicate the color of natural teeth, so they blend in beautifully with your other teeth. This makes them greatly unnoticeable and naturally appealing.
- Simple, Fast Treatment – These fillings can be performed in a single office visit. Bonding the filling is an easy procedure for your dentist.
- Less invasive treatment – Composite resin fillings require the least amount of tooth structure. This allows you to maintain as much tooth integrity as possible.
- Versatility – The material used can also be used as a cosmetic enhancement. Composite resin is great in addressing chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration and tooth misalignment through the process known as dental bonding.
- Tooth Compatibility – Composite resin is chemically compatible with the teeth. They naturally bond to the teeth; thus, providing further strength and support.
How Much is the Cost of a Tooth-Colored Filling?
The price varies. It usually depends on the location of the dentist and the amount of filling to be used. Typically the cost of white fillings ranges from $90 to $250 per tooth.
Visit Parkway Dental Care for White Fillings in Kissimmee, FL
We, at Parkway Dental Care, can provide you with quality tooth-colored fillings. Dr. Philip and our team are well trained and experienced to perform natural looking fillings and many other dental treatments. Call to set your appointment at (407) 932-2273(407) 932-2273 or book your appointment online. We look forward to seeing you soon and discussing with you about your dental care needs.
Photo Credit: Pinterest